Riser feet

Provided by the ASK Keyboard Dictionary

Category: ComponentsOrigin: Official

Aka/also known as: simply "risers"

A riser was IBM's term for a specific kind of flip-out foot that was particularly long and thin and typically deployed by turning something or pushing a button on either side of the keyboard. Such feet were common on various Model F keyboards and early (Type 1) 122-key Model M Converged Keyboards. For terminal keyboards, it was also common for the feet two have 2 or 3 settings (levels of typing angle adjustment).


ASK. Admiral Shark's Keyboards original content. License/note: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.