Quiet Touch

Provided by the ASK Keyboard Dictionary

Acronyms/​initialisms: Q/TCategory: SwitchesOrigin: Official

Quiet Touch is an IBM, Lexmark and Unicomp marketing term for a rubber dome over membrane key-switch used to contrast it with "Classic Touch" key-switches such as buckling springs (any implementation). As such, the term was typically used only when the host keyboard had a choice of key-switch or the host keyboard directly placed a keyboard with a louder key-switch. The term was typically referring to their own 'simple' rubber dome implementations, but it was sometimes used to refer to IBM buckling sleeves and Micro Switch ST series key-switches.


ASK. Admiral Shark's Keyboards original content. License/note: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.