Mechanical keyboard

Provided by the ASK Keyboard Dictionary

Acronyms/​initialisms: MKCategory: ConceptsOrigin: Community

Aka/also known as: a "mech"

The phrase "mechanical keyboard" typically describes a high-end computer keyboard of some sort. The term lacks a universally agreed technical definition, but to most people, it means a keyboard that does not employ rubber dome over membrane key-switch design but also capable of part-way actuation.


ASK. Admiral Shark's Keyboards original content. License/note: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.