Buckling sleeve

Provided by the ASK Keyboard Dictionary

Category: SwitchesOrigin: CommunitySee more info

A buckling rubber sleeve is a rubber tactile element that unlike a rubber dome isn't a complete dome nor typically serves as an actuation element. A notable portion of the Model M keyboard family intended for space saving, laptop and POS markets used a buckling rubber sleeve implementation as a no-mush alternative to rubber domes.


ASK. Admiral Shark's Keyboards original content. License/note: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.