Cover set

Provided by the ASK Keyboard Dictionary

Category: ComponentsOrigin: Official

Aka/also known as: cover group, case, casing

A keyboard cover set or cover group (sometimes abbreviated "cover grp" by IBM Netherlands) is the outer structural casing of a keyboard. Typically they're referred to as a "case" or "casing", but "cover" specifically refers to the casing that the keyboard is supposed to be used in (as opposed to packing material or storage mediums like hard-shell cases, travel cases, fabric sleeves, etc.) "Set" refers to the fact keyboard cases are typically multiple parts, usually two - a top and a bottom cover.


ASK. Admiral Shark's Keyboards original content. License/note: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.