Provided by the ASK Keyboard Dictionary

Category: AmbiguousOrigin: Community

Aka/also known as: battle cruiser

"Battlecruiser" can refer to two types of keyboards. For IBM and family, they're simply a version of a "battleship" keyboard that whilst retaining the same physical layout, its overall casing is slightly smaller. "Battlecruiser" thus typically refers to later versions of the 122-key IBM Converged Keyboard (Type 3, 4 and 5 122-key Model Ms) that are slightly smaller than the earlier versions (122-key and 127-key Model Fs and Type 1 and 2 122-key Model Ms). Outside of IBM and family, "battlecruiser" keyboards can still be similar to "battleship" style keyboards but don't strictly follow its physical layout and typically have further expanded navigation clusters.


ASK. Admiral Shark's Keyboards original content. License/note: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.